« Go to the Software Download Center
Drafting Assistant – Software Download
Drafting Assistant Version 184.108.40.2066
February 26, 2014
This software package installs the latest versions of Drafting Assistant (litigation, transactional, and enterprise subscriptions), WestCheck, BriefTools, and CiteAdvisor. During installation, you set the products and features you want.
A license code is required to install Drafting Assistant. If you have questions about your subscription, call 1-800-328-4880.
Note: : If you have Drafting Assistant earlier than version 2.0, or if you have stand-alone versions of products installed, then these products—including Drafting Assistant, BriefTools, WestCheck, and CiteAdvisor—will be removed automatically when you install this version.
To install Drafting Assistant, verify you meet the system requirements below and then click Proceed with Download.
Microsoft Word 2003, Internet Explorer 7, and Windows XP are no longer supported in this current version. To install a previous version of Drafting Assistant which does support these older technologies, click here
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 8, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 7, 32-bit or 64-bit
Windows User Account
To install and update software, you must have administrator privileges on the computer.
Supported Word Processors*
- Microsoft Word 2013, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Word 2010, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Word 2007
- WordPerfect X6
- WordPerfect X5 HP3 (220.127.116.110)
- WordPerfect X4 SP1 (18.104.22.1687)
*Note these exceptions:
- Drafting Assistant will not work in Microsoft Word 2013 64-bit if it was installed using Microsoft Office Click-to-Run. If you would like to use Drafting Assistant with Microsoft Word 2013 64-bit, you will need to install Microsoft Office using the msi based install. (Please see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/click-to-run-known-issues-HA101850565.aspx for more information)
- Authority Compiler (a feature in Drafting Assistant) is not supported in WordPerfect
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0
- Personal computer with 1 GHz dual-core or faster processor
- At least 1 GB of RAM
- At least 2 GB of available space on the hard disk
Prerequisite Software (Installed Automatically If Needed)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 (a database is installed to store Drafting Assistant metadata for templates and sample documents, local documents, and jurisdictional rules for validating formatting)
- Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies for your Office version
- Office 2007
- Office 2010
Note: The Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies for Office 2013 are automatically installed with the product. For further information, visit microsoft.com.
- Westlaw Solutions
- To use Authority Compiler in Drafting Assistant, a WestlawNext subscription is required.
- To use Firm Central [or Concourse], Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later is required.
- To view Case Notebook files in Drafting Assistant, Case Notebook 2.1 or later is required.
- To use the Send feature for OCR text when viewing Case Notebook files in Drafting Assistant, Case Notebook 3.5 or later is required.
Note: Case Notebook is not compatible with Microsoft Word 2013.
- To search West km content in Drafting Assistant:
- West km 4.8 or later is required.
- You must add the West km server to the Trusted Sites zone in Internet Explorer.
- You must use Internet Explorer 8 or later.
- To use the Local Document Indexing feature in BriefTools, Read permissions to any folder or drive where you have designated documents for indexing are required. Note: If you use West km, the Local Document Indexing feature is not available.
Learn More about Drafting Assistant »
Learn More about WestCheck »
Learn More about Case Notebook »
Learn More about West km »
Call 1-800-WESTLAW (1-800-937-8529) or email firstname.lastname@example.org